Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day 2- Loss of Legs

So last night was my second day in bootcamp, and I was totally ready. Ate the protein bar, drank the water, properly stretched, and I wasn't even that sore from the night before. Good to go!

Day 2 was very different, theres jump ropes, cones, and ladders all around. Obviously we are doing a lot of cardio and drills. We start out like normal, stretching, and then to laps. I ended up at the front, leading the run, which was a little ego and esteem boost for me, but at the same time I thought maybe I should slow down and run with the pack. Then my brain turned on and I said fuck it! I am here to get fit, not to unite as a team to be slow and fat. And when I don't lose any weight, these bitches are not going to pay for my liposuction. Yes it sounds conceded but I am in bootcamp for me, not for everyone else, so I get to be self absorbed in this one hour of camp. So once I got my head in the right place, I picked up the pace and finished off the laps first, with C right behind me. I took this as a good sign that we are more fit than had anticipated.

Onward to the drills... lots of "STOP, GO, STOP, GO" of running up and down a basketball court, and stopping to do jumping jacks for 1 min nonstop, seems easy, that is until I finished, we had to immediately run up and down the court again, no break, and then back to jumping jacks. After this inhumane torture time, we were broken up into three groups, one on jump ropes, one on cones, and the other on ladders, rotating as we went along so that we did a total of three sets of each station. Jump ropes, I have to admit, I am pretty pro at doing. A lot of girls struggled, not properly jumping, smacking their legs, cursing(which isn't allowed at bootcamp I might add) and then gave me dirty looks(also isn't allowed) when they heard the sound of my full speed whipping of rope. I sorry that I am not sorry for knowing how to jump rope.
JUMP ROPE
Blee-1
Bitches -0

Everything else was hard but capable of being done. Not until the following morning would i know the amount of pain and stress my legs were enduring doing the workout. Moving from drills, and drenched in sweat, we pressed up against the hot rough school building walls to work out our arms with curls, squats, roman deadlifts(RDL as he kept referring to).
But if you ask me the RDLs should be called TAS for Take A Shit because thats the face most girls make while doing these plus you have to squat, stick your booty out, and arch your back. Similar to this sweet move I am doing on the beach. And I am not going to even start on all the weird noises we were making while we did our 30 reps of TAS.

Finally ending the workout with abs, different moves than yesterday but equally hard.

I woke up this morning moving like Frankenstein. Laughing hurts, walking hurts, I've gone through four pens because they have rolled off my desk and I am too stiff to bend down to get them(my real fear is that I might bend down and not get back up). Today is my third night, and last night for the week, and then I can fully recover until Monday, when I start all over again. Hopefully its not so much leg work today because my legs are stiffer than a..... well you get the point.
Lessons learned:
1)Don't let bitches make you feel guilty for being good at anything
2)Too much stretching doesn't exist
3)Buy more pens for my desk.

1 comment:

  1. The first week is the hardest, especially having all three days back to back. And eff those bias! the whole reason I do boot camp is because I am competetive and wanting to be the star is what keeps me at the top of my game and doesn't allow me to slack. While we were running up and back for those drills yesterday, one chick started running faster than me. Grrrrr! It killed me to keep up with her, but I did it anyway.

    ReplyDelete